Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I LOVE BEETS!!

Rece is doing much better with table food. He is STARTING to adjust. He prefers to feed himself. We seem to have better luck when that happens. In the last few days he has had pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, waffles, chicken, beets, pears, etc. He loves beets...he even makes his "yumyumyum" sound while he is eating them. We are still having trouble with the canned fruits, which I don't blame him. I am not a big fan of canned fruits but fresh fruits just aren't that great this time of year. So we supplement a little with baby fruit! Today we had our first baby food-free lunch! He had some of a chicken patty, a little bit of canned pears, and a few beets....Beets he didn't get to eat on his own...just a little too messy and they stain! But he loved them. I am still a little paranoid about him choking so some of his bites are microscopic until I see how he handles them, but I am getting better.
In other good and surprising news Rece is napping wonderfully, maybe too wonderful! Yesterday he took a 3 hour and 45 minute nap!!!!! That is unheard of around here. And it wasn't just a fluke! He has consistently been taking 2-3 hour naps ever since we moved him to one nap/day. I think I am going to stop letting him sleep past 3 hours though because then he doesn't need as much sleep at night!!!! Well, I will leave you with just a cute picture of Rece, nothing to do with this post!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Aww, Rece you look so cute! I am getting my big car seat put in on Thursday...I can't wait (still backwards of course)!! :o) My mom also bought me beets, but I haven't tried them. I will let you know how that goes!