Monday, December 04, 2006

A visit to Santa



I was such a mean mom this year and I made my child sit on Santa's lap twice! On Saturday night our town did a christmas in the village and they said free picture with donation to the food pantry. So, I thought great, cheap and good cause. They did digital pictures and gave everyone a floppy disc. The picture turned out good, but the only size I could print it in to even have it come out decent was wallet sized and my holiday frame is 5x7, so we had to go yesterday and have it done again and pay for it. He SCREAMED the first time and was very mad at us. We even let him have his cookies for the first one, but apparantly that didn't matter. The second time he actually did a little better. Santa was trying to talk to him and calm him, but that wasn't happening. You can barely tell, but he is crying in the second one. As soon as we were done the second time he signed eat, so he must not have been too scarred :)

4 comments:

hollibobolli said...

Maybe he was really scared because he heard Santa's lap is the #1 filthiest person you can put a child at any one time during the year (or so I was told after Faith ended up in the hospital one Christmas). PFTZ!!

The pics are cute anyway!! So are the ones I have of Faith the year she got sick. I'm taking Faith AND Nate tomorrow. I'm wondering how that's going to work out??

Beth said...

I have been debating if I should take Averie or not. I am 99.9% positive she will cry. We didn't do it last year...hmmm...

How are you able to post pics? I will call you and find out...I still cannot do anything on my blog.

Tonia said...

Having the pictures for memories are just so important to me. I know it won't kill him to cry and Tony and I both have Santa pictures when we were just over 2 screaming and they are really funny. We figured we aren't scarred from that, so I am sure he won't be.

hollibobolli said...

You inspired - we pressed on.. even with the dog! whoopie!