Friday, March 24, 2006

Trying threes, Terrible twos, ???? ones....

My Studious little man!!



















This is how dinner started! He ate pretty well, but...















...This is how it ended! This is how a lot of our meals either end or start or both.












He hasn't been doing terrible for meals, just a lot of throwing of food. He thinks he needs to feed Shrek! I have heard that refusing meals is very common at this age. But, I think we have figured something out. Today for lunch he did great, he had ham, cheese, apples, sweet potatoes, and corn dogs(cut into VERY VERY small pieces). Well, I just cut everything up and basically filled his tray. HE ATE ALMOST EVERYTHING!!!!! Only about 5 pieces total went to the dog. I think that maybe by putting quite a bit on his tray it is too much to throw so he just leaves it there if he doesn't want it. He ate ham successfully for the first time. He tried cheese 4 times on his own, no pushing on my part. 3 times it came right back out of his mouth, but that is ok, he TRIED it. He ate real pieces of apple for the first time also. He loves apples, which is wonderful! He likes taking a bite off of my apples better than me cutting them up for him though. I also think he just likes feeding himself more than getting spoon fed now...it's about time! So, I think we will be sticking to fingerfoods more than not!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Averie loves it when she can feed herself. She still lets me feed her too...when needed. But tonight we had french toast, peas, carrots and a banana (weird combo, I know...I was craving french toast) and I just put the veggies on her tray and gave her french toast a little at a time and she did good with everything. She even actually ate the veggies on her own. I am so glad to be done with baby food. Even if she doesn't eat as many veggies...she still eats them! Just now like a big girl! :o)