Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Man!!!!!

Happy Birthday Rece!!
I can't believe how fast these 2 years have gone! I remember SO vividly 2 years ago. Right now I was in the hospital bed with a waiting room full of visitors just waiting for you to make your grand entrance. Little did we know we had another almost 10 hours to go! I know, always at your pace. And just 2 short years later you are in your bedroom "taking a nap" calling out mama. What a difference a couple years make. It is so bittersweet. I love watching you grow and discovering new things and learning every day something that surprises me. You keep me on my toes and keep me guessing every day. But it is so sad to think that you will never be this little again. And it will be all too soon that you won't freely give me kisses and that you aren't calling for mama from your crib. I love staying home with you and I would never do anything differently. Soon you will be a big brother and I know you will be a wonderful big brother. Just know that no matter how much attention the baby gets, it will never take away from the love I have for you. I know you will have your jealous moments, but I also know that you are going to be kissing that baby like crazy and that is something I can't wait to see.
I know you won't remember this birthday but I hope that all the pictures I take of you and all of this writing and scrapbooking that I do will someday mean something to you and you can look back and "remember" it through pictures and words. So far we have had a wonderful day and it is only half way over. Your party will be so much fun, you have so many friends and family coming to see you celebrate. I love you with all of my heart and am so excited to see you explore through the next year!
Love,
Mama




Rece woke up about about 7:25 this morning and I went in to get him and sang Happy Birthday. Grammy was still here but unfortunately daddy had already left for work. Daddy called later and sang to him. He woke up with 2 balloons in his room and his gift from Grammy was all set up in the living room. So he walked out and got to play with it right away. Later we will be going to dinner and then when we get home he will open gifts from mommy and daddy!

3 comments:

Queen Bug said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope it's a good one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...love!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I am a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big Guy!!!! These kids are growing up so fast. :)